USMC Notification Registry

General Discussion-Camp Lejeune Water Contamination

USMC Notification Registry

Postby Andrea Byron » Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:34 am

I hope everyone is doing well. As you may have noticed, on the USMC website, they are asking people to register for the Notification Registry. I hope that if anyone did indeed give out their information, that they read the Privacy Disclosure. I have broken it down for the most part on how they can use your information. I would suggest that if you are, in fact, interested in registering with their Notification Registry, that you read the complete Privacy Disclosure provided on their website and make your own decision from there. If there are any questions on what any of this means, I will try to clarify it for you. Please email me if you have any questions.

Federal, state, local or foreign law enforcement.

Federal, state, local or foreign agencies in hiring/retention of an employee, security clearance, letting of a contract, issuance of a license, grant or other benefit.

Congressional offices if the office made a request on your behalf.
Foreign law enforcement as it pertains to international agreements and arrangements to include stationing and status in foreign countries of DoD military and civilian personnel.

State and Local Taxing Authorities.

Office of Personnel Management (OPM) with regards to pay and leave, benefits, retirement deduction etc.

Department of Justice (DoJ) for the purpose of representing the DoD, or anyone who works for the DoD, in pending or pertinent litigation.

Military banking facilities who do overseas banking and who are reimbursed by the U.S. government for certain checking and loan losses.

Any person who is separated, discharged or retired from the Armed Forces regarding unpaid checks or loans.

General Services Administration for records management inspections.
National Archives & Records Administration for records management inspections.

Merit Systems Protection Board and the Office of the Special Counsel for litigation, administrative proceedings, appeals, special studies, investigation of alleged or possible prohibited personnel practices, administrative proceedings involving any individual subject of DoD investigation etc.

Outside the DoD or U.S. Govt for counterintelligence activities. (National Security)
Andrea Byron

Re: USMC Notification Registry

Postby Sandra Bridges » Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:01 pm

Thank you so much for spelling it out so well in black & white for us. I am not going to sign or give any personal information. After reading this, I'd also like to encourage other to think twice before showing their hand to the other side. It can bite you! Sandy
Sandra Bridges

Return to The Few, The Proud, The Forgotten